MBChB, FRCSed (Tr&Orth)
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Total hip arthroplasty
- Total knee arthroplasty
- Revision arthroplasty and reconstruction
- Periprosthetic hip and knee fracture surgery
Conal Quah is a fellowship-trained Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who has a specialist interest in Lower Limb Arthroplasty. His NHS practice is based at Royal Derby Hospital. After graduating from the University of Dundee, Scotland, he worked in the North East before moving to the East Midlands (North) where he undertook the highly regarded Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery training programme. He then went on to complete prestigious national and international fellowships which have equipped him with a breadth of skills and experience in managing not only primary joint replacement surgery, but also in complex problems around joint infection, periprosthetic fractures and bone loss:
- The British Orthopaedic Association - Lower Limb Arthroplasty Clinical Leadership Fellowship, South Tees Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Middlesbrough, UK (Aug 16-Jan 17)
- Bendigo Hip and Knee Fellowship, Bendigo Health Care Group, Bendigo, VIC, Australia (Feb 17-July 17)
- Cavendish Lower limb Arthroplasty Fellowship, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Sheffield, UK (Aug 17-July 18)
Conal has published numerous peer-reviewed scientific articles and book chapters. He also co-founded a surgical journal aimed towards trainees and has delivered over forty international and national presentations around the world. Conal is actively involved in teaching medical students, surgical trainees, and other allied health care professionals. He is a faculty on a number of national and international courses where he lectures and demonstrates clinical skills and surgical techniques. He also has a CMI Level 7 qualification (Masters Level) in Strategic Management and Leadership.
Outside of work, Conal enjoys spending time with his family, sport and cooking. He plays football and tennis and holds a black belt in Taekwondo.